Tuesday, May 12, 2009

i wish they all could be california girls

i've been revisiting my oc dvds and it has been delightfully addictive. i've decided that my summer look is going to be one part marissa cooper and one part rumi neely:


both easy-breezy california girls, but one exudes a youthful charm while the other has a tough edge. combine those two qualities and mix in a monochromatic palette (i plan on sticking to black and white and a little bit of sheer with the occassional neon peek-a-boo) and you've got me this summer. now if only i could stock up on some tough shoes and master my boot harness making skills.

i'm in the midst of a major closet overhaul. i'm selling pretty much half my wardrobe, and what i don't sell is going to be handed down to lucky friends. if i haven't worn it in the past month i just want it out of my sight. today i got a gorgeous vintage white armani top that laces up in the front. i'm already wearing it and i think i will be wearing it everyday for a while. it costs half what i've made from my overhaul so far. next stop will have to be goodwill, and if i make a pretty penny tomorrow maybe forever21. my barneys shopping days are over, man. for now.

No comments: